2018 was one of those unpredictable years. I started with so much hope and zeal then somewhere in between, the light just turned into darkness and darkness into light and the cycle continued not necessarily in that manner. My world got turned upside down, in more ways than I can dare to count. The most amazing and the worst things happened. It’s the year I jumped despite being afraid to jump. I was opened to a world I wasn’t used to but it felt right. The only thing that was a constant was change totally getting out of my comfort zone. However, what I learnt most was to silence the cants, keep pushing and this really does pay off in the end.
The things I get to carry to 2019;
- To trust that the Lord with all of me and not lean on my own understanding.
- Getting out off my comfort zone is difficult but super liberating
- Reading and writing are learnt skills that need to be practised everyday if one is to be good at them.
- Each year I get to learn/ perfect a skill. 2018 was different in that I tried more than 1 and so far so good.
- Detox is good for the soul. Clean your space, your phone book, your friend list, throw your old clothes,shoes. You really don’t have room for clutter.
- Clapping for the small wins. They are what make the huge ones.
- Nothing is permanent that job, that friendship, the status, the money, the situation hence do your best at it while you can.
- When a door closes it’s the beginning of a new beautiful chapter although sometimes you don’t realize it at the beginning.
- Say yes to new opportunities the end result might shock you.
- My blood type is travel. I live for the road and the places I am yet to see.
- To better myself in all areas of my life. Physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually you name it.
- Know your tribe, not everyone is for you. Know the few that are and treasure them.
- To intentionally love myself everyday to the point people start loving you the way, you love you
- Just start, this year I started things I had postponed for awhile or things that I hadn’t even though of. I started my blog wonder diaries, took up running – 1000km challenge ,didn’t make it to even 300kms but 2019 is a great year for an improvement, joined a crossfit gym, started reading books – 7 books, took a gamble on a job I didn’t necessary like but it turned out to be the best thing I did in 2018, took a Vissapana course(thanks H for making me do this), my current adventure 🙂
- Resting when you are tired.
- Stay positive, keep the faith and never give up no matter how difficult it gets.
- Money always comes.
- Everyone has a lesson to teach you make sure you learn.