The Menengail Forest Trail was such a beautiful run. The uphill was such a struggle but the view was just stunning. The harder it got the more beautiful it became.
After the 1st uphill there was a forest and the hills there we not any easier. Having not prepared made my run so dull. I could hardly concentrate. When they say, it first starts with a thought I now truly understand.
From this run I took more learns learnt than any other thing;
- Prepare for the marathon mentally, physically, emotionally just prepare
- Hydrate, start this 1 – 2 weeks earlier
- Always remember the purpose of your travel. I think I had too much fun at Lake Elementaita on the way to the run. I lost priorities.
- Eat breakfast ?
- Keep your zeal matter how bad it gets remember your pace is your pace and you are your own competition noone else matters
- Enjoy the views, take photos od you must
- Finish the race that’s super important even if it’s 10 hours later.
- Acknowledge your achievement and do better next time
- Take the finish picture and flunt your medal. You deserve it.